Nowhere near instant plummy yumminess

Labels:
Bethany:

Unlike my recipe from before, this is the real deal jam, the gooey sticky yummy stuff that you think you've licked off all your fingers (presuming that like me you are the sort of uncouth person who would do such a thing) but still discover in little globs on your clothes and in your hair (and if, like me, you have a small person running around, you will also discover it smeared all over your table and floor and assortment of toys and brooms and and and....).


Start with fruit. I still have plums coming out my ears (ew. that phrase should not be used by speculative fiction readers), so this jam has a base of yellow plums, but I'm sure the spices would complement other fruits as well.


Since I was lazy and didn't want to go to the store to get pectin, I used a mish mash of recipes to reach the desired result, which is perfect spreadability.

About four pounds of pitted yellow plums (about 80 of our little suckers)
3 cups sugar
Cardamom
Vanilla
Cinnamon
Ginger
Cloves
1 lemon

Place plums in pot over high heat.
Stirring, bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered for twenty minutes.
Add sugar and spice and everything nice.


Squeeze about 3 Tbsp of lemon juice and toss in strips of lemon peel.
Cook for around forty minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn off heat, Remove lemon peel (yum), and let jam cool.
Keep refrigerated.

OR do the same thing but instead of or in addition to spices, add RUM! Very complementary flavors. Time for some toast!
0 sprinkles of fairy dust: