Skunk Cabbage... not quite the same as stopping to smell the roses, but interesting perhaps.
Since the internet is infamously sluggish (ie dead) on Sundays, here's a list of links that intrigued, amused, enlightened, or helped us this week.
1. A free book. A real free book, by a bestselling author, you know, the kind you buy at Barnes and Noble. Warbreaker, by Brandon Sanderson. It's about a young girl who is forced to marry the king. Kind of a re-telling of the story of Esther (ahem)...cept with magic.
2. A photoshoot...with bubbles! Inpiring and pretty.
3. Lemons + Vodka = Yumminess. Tutorial for making your own lemoncello. If you want to look truly Italian, sip a small glass of it after dinner.
4. Tired of dealing with stupid people on the internet? So is T-rex.
5. Eyjafjallajokull. Can't pronounce the volcano in Iceland? Neither can journalists. It's beautiful and terrifying though.
6. Mad Scientist ABC blocks. Instead of A for apple and Z for zebra, it's A is for appendages and Z for zombies. So cool.
7. Starting over with the shorter catechism. What is the chief end of man?